View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Ann63

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I finally got to go to Joann's in the next town over, last week. I love going to find new FQs. I was walking around petting the FQ's, (yes I do!) when I walked over to see the little bundles of FQ's, and imagine my surprise when the top bundle of 'blenders' was a stack of fabrics that I bought last year at Walmart, off the dollar table! I looked at them with my magnifier light, and it is exactly the same weave and colors. Ruined my whole trip. I always thought Joann's was a higher quality fabric than Walmart. I now have proof that that just isn't so! Dagnabit! Another illusion blown up! It will make me think twice, before I spend more than a few dollars for Joann's fabric. The only upside to the story is that I got it in 17 different colors for a project I want to do. Joann's only had five colors. :roll:
The same thing happen to me with Hancock Fabric Store. I bought a piece of pink and black fabric there on sale 50% off for $3.00 a yard, I was in Walmart a week later saw the same exact fabric reg price $2.47 a yard. Bought a couple yards to bring home to check...exactly the same.