Old 08-27-2008, 04:43 AM
vicki reno

I have just learned a new method to make those little buggers. Take two squares of fabric and put them right sides together. Draw a diagonal line from one corner to the other and a line 1/4' from each side of that line. Sew on lines 2 and 3 and cut apart on line 1. I am not an accurate sewer or piecer but they come out great each time. It can go one step more to make quarter square triangles. After cutting your squares apart and pressing place them on top of each other so that opposite colors are on top of each other. Draw another diagonal line so that it will cross over your seam allowance and draw sewing lines 1/4' from either side of your first line. Once you cut them apart agian, you now have 2 hour glass blocks. I have tried other methods before, but has been the best method for me so far.
Don't know if this is the method you used or not, but if it wasn't might want to see if it will work for you.

good luck
Vicki
Janet Wickell talked about this method on the forum that she hosts called http:/ [email protected]