View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 09:36 AM
kellen46

you know those great shirts that you can't wear but can't bear to get rid of? Well now you can up-cycle them into other great stuff. here are some ideas I have had. Picture heavy posting so I have broken it down into three categories. First is a great shopping tote made from the body of the shirt with that great pocket feature. The small gift bag is made from the cuff and sleeve. Or you can use the whole sleeve and make a wine bag.

made from a man's dress shirt, cuff removed and embellishment added....can you see this on your favorite little girl.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112932[/ATTACH]

cuff wallet interior, just enough room in the pocket for lunch money or debit card.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113562[/ATTACH]

cuff wallet exterior
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113856[/ATTACH]

toddler pants, I just cut off the sleeve at the top and used a pattern to cut crotch and waist. Elastic added so no other closure needed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113857[/ATTACH]

I just cut out the main body of the shirt and back, squared it off, button placket sewn closed, serged the edges and added handles. It is unlined
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113858[/ATTACH]

the sleeve is cut to desired length and then a small pleat added at the corners to allow it to have a flat bottom when filled. This is a great wine bag or a door hanger treat tote.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113859[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-112927.jpe   attachment-113557.jpe   attachment-113851.jpe   attachment-113852.jpe   attachment-113853.jpe  

attachment-113854.jpe