View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Sheila Elaine

Today is the first time I saw your post. I am 63 & last year when I was 62, I had bilateral total knee replacements (Stryker) for bone on bone degeneration & pain. My Orthopedic Surgeon told me the only thing I could not do was get down directly on my knees like when praying. I went to Rehab as I live alone & was doing OK until a day or two into a 2 wk program when I got H. pylorus bacteria infection in my stomach. I was miserable & couldn't go to Physical Therapy because of severe stomach pain, so after I spent 2 days going to the Emergency Room & ER dr finally figuring out it was the infection, I told them I just wanted to go home & I'd get better from there. Medicare paid for a Home Physical Therapist & Home Health Nurse & Bath Aide to come out to my house. I live alone & other than having problems lifting, which is mainly caused by arthritis all over my body & bone spurs on my spine, I am able to take care of myself on a day to day basis. My Son & his family get my groceries at the first of the month & come sometimes to help with chores like mopping with the H2O mop & cleaning higher objects, but other than that I do most of what I want to. I did have my own sewing/embroidery business in my apt, but am thinking about just making items to sell.

Please let us know what your daughter decides and how she's doing. Tell her good luck as the pain will only get worse most likely.