Thread: How many hours?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 03:10 PM
pab58

Originally Posted by Pam B
Right now...not much. Now that school has started again I am just exhausted after teaching my kindergartners all day long. I have good intentions of quilting in the evenings but the reality is that after I fix dinner and clean up the kitchen I generally just collapse in my recliner chair for the evening. It is a gray, cool day here today and I do believe I will do some sewing today.
I can relate to your exhaustion, Pam! I used to teach kindergarten, and I know how those little ones can wear you out! It sounds so much like my weekdays. I teach grades 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12. By the time I get home I'm often just too pooped to participate!! :cry: Several days this past week I got home really late because of after-school sporting events and a "Meet-the-Teacher Night." On that day I left home at 6:15 a.m. and didn't get return until 10:15 that night!! Then I had to start it all over again the next day. I felt like I was living at my school!! Sometimes when I get home I just want time to mellow out! :roll: My sweetie, on the other hand, is currently unemployed and has all day to himself. There isn't anyone in his life grabbing for his attention. He sometimes can't relate to how mentally and physically exhausted I am at the end of the day. I keep thinking that the school year will slow down, but I seem to be getting even busier. I never can get to my quilting as often as I would like.

I have just finished pinning a quilt and have it ready to be quilted. Now it's time to order something for me for dinner. My man is babysitting his two grandson's at his son's house so he probably won't be home until about 2:00 in the morning! That should give me a little time to get this quilting started.
:wink: