View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 06:24 PM
mommaB

I had breast cancer in 2000, it did not show on mammogram, I found it myself doing my BSE and I insisted it be biopsied. It was very early, so I had a lumpectomy and 37 radiation treatments plus 5 years of tamoxifen/femara/ and some others (I had severe hot flashes, as many as 24 a day in my waking hours!!! Yee haw!!). My mom died at age 68 of lung and bone cancer, my sister died at 68 of lung and liver cancer, although she'd had uterine cancer and bladder cancer at earlier ages plus lupus. I did not for one second look at my cancer as anything other than a medical problem I needed to take care of. I am always vigilant, but not expecting to find anything. PLEASE do you self breast exams on a regular basis so you know what they should feel like and can easily recognize any changes. If you're unsure how, ask your doctor. My doctor was very suprised to see the result of my biopsy, I was relieved to have an answer so I could take action. Your health is YOUR responsibility. Demand good care and educate yourself!

To those who are cancer free..you did it!!
To those who are walking the path..keep putting one foot in front of the other, you WILL reach your destination! You ARE strong.