View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 04:24 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by loreen
I'm looking at new machines. I would love to but the Janome horizon but that is out of my price range. I have also looked at the Janome MC6500 & 6600. Does anyone on the site have any pros & cons about any brand, make or model. Thanks for any help.
They both look like really nice machines. The price for the 6500 looks good, but I didn't see a price for the 6600. I have never had a Janome. The owner of our LQS has a fancy Bernina, but she was impressed by the Janomes. She researched all of the companies out there and chose Janomes to carry in her store. I would take her recommendation if I were in the market for a machine. (I may be poor at the moment, but I am not machine poor.) The Janomes are made elsewhere, but their company is in the USA. They will also have some nice specials closer to Christmas.
Sadie, they run around $1,500.00
mine came with the extension table and plenty of feet to start you off. the regular feet are snap on..with the bar.
any feet you buy are not expensive.
i was blessed, that they let me do 12 months same as cash, it was my first machine..it is not the kind of machine you carry around with you ..it weighs about 25 pounds. to heavy for me. so when i paid that off i bought the Jem Platinum..a 12 pounder!