Thread: Where You Live
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 05:04 AM
DJRustic

Quilting Grammy, Dora is about 100 miles from Springfield , Mo. We live 11 miles out of town, West Plains. I think we are 3 hrs. from Joplin. We are only 15 or so miles from Ark.border. We love it here. As I sit this morn with a roaring fire, hot cup of tea, looking out over our 60 acres the black angus cattle are dotting the hill side, the sun is beaming in the window. Just don't get any better then this. We built our log home back off the road. Oh & by the way, we are on black top. Hate those gravel roads. My goal is to be in a magazine with our home. It is very unique. This area is VERY friendly & help-ful. Have just a few neighbors but they are there when you need them. We sell fresh eggs ( free range chickens) have met alot of people this way. We have a Little grocery- general store about 2 miles so if we need something we can run there. My daughter is a realtor & I will ask her if there are any underground houses for sale. will let you know. Would love to have you come here. Oh & by the way we have a nice quilt shop & 6 others a short distance. Just come on down!!!! Donna, The Rustic Quilter