View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 06:12 AM
dgmoby

I do. I'm tall by nature, and most tables are way too short for me. My regular machine table is tall now, thanks to my DH. At the longarm, I sit in a drafting stool when possible, complete with back, small arms, and a foot rest. Works wonderfully for me. I slide on and off it.

I don't move well due to surgeries on my back and a brain tumor that keeps me from bending easily. Therefore, sitting/sliding onto a drafting chair is awesome for me! I think you will like it. We just have to do whatever we can to be comfortable while pursueing our normal activities.

Kinda like my car - had to sell it because my hubby kept having to pull me out of it. (I couldn't stand up well so would call him from the garage to come and get me on days I couldn't manage alone. I know, stupid, right??? But true!) So, we bought a van where I can simply slide my tushie right onto the seat and swing my legs around. No moving up or down. These are the things that have made my life much easier as I've learned to live with my illnesses.

It's worth considering if you have problems bending :) We know those bendy things don't usually improve.

Debbie in Austin