View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 09:35 AM
merridancer

I have been approached by the Art Festival in our town who would like to have a quilt festival, where the quilters would be willing to sell their work. The Art Festival takes a commission of 10 to 20% of the sale price. I told her that people weren't really interested in purchasing quilts for the prices that we would want for them, ie minimum of $800 up. She said I would be susprised at how much things sell for. She didn't seem to think that $2000 to $5000 would be too much, so I told her I would put out feelers.

So, if you have a quilt (s) that you would be interested in selling, and is really good, and/or possibly an art quilt, please pm me with a picture, if possible.

I am thinking that this would be six months to a year away, so if you don't have something made right now, but want to work on something, let me know and send a picture of some other quilt that you have made.

They host these art festivals each month for three weekends and feature only one type of art. In this case it would be quilts only.

If I get enough posts, I can go back to the chair and show her what could be available.

The art festival has contacted guilds in the area, but they have not responded.

The festival is in San Dimas, California. If you could come as "the artist" that would be awesome, if not OK.

We would also need people to volunteer to answer questions about quilting, so let me know if you would be willing to do this.