View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Love my stash

Originally Posted by Miss Patsy Jane
I've read all the good ideas for cleaning shower stalls. I have a question: what is a good way to clean cooked on grease from a black stovetop? Sorry to admit that I've let it get ahead of me and I can't get the cooked on grease off. Any suggestions?
There is a product called DeSolvit that works wonderful on grease. Wal Mart, Hardware stores, and some grocery stores carry it. It's orange based. If it's been baked on spray it on and let it set 30 min - 1 hr. Depending on how thick the grease is, you may have to spray on more after a while. Just take your finger or old toothbrush and spread it over the greasy areas, you don't need tons of it to work.

To clean grease on my stove, hard water stains on glass or porcelain, I use 0000 Steel Wool also. Yes, steel wool, but make sure it is 0000. You can use it on your stove, mirrors, porcelain, glass, cars, and just about anything you can think of that's not soft and it won't scratch it. I've been using it for years and it works wonderful.

Once you get it clean, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to keep your stove top clean and shiny. Vinegar works great afterwards for shine.

Cheryl