Old 10-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by Charlee

Just a suggestion, but if you buy them in bulk direct from a supply house, you will save a bundle.
Miz Johnny? You have a line on a supply house that has 127x1 needles? I've searched all over and haven't been able to find one.... the needles I have for my 9W are all Boye 18's.... they're spendy on ebay tho....I just paid $10 for 6 needles...and that was cheap compared to the $60 I paid for 18 needles a year ago! :([/quote]

No, I was referring to this:

"go to e-bay and do a search for 127X1 needles and you will see a guy that is selling Schmetz new needles 10 for $8 that he says works on the 9W. I have not tried them."

I am assuming these are the Schmetz MY1014 needles that Kevin Pinkerton has recommended? If anyone has used them and they work in your machine, let us know!!

If the Schmetz needles work, buying them 100 at a time will definitely save money. I have NOT tried these myself, as I bought a lifetime supply when I heard the 127 X 1 needles were being discontinued.

FYI, I have heard that needles for the 306 were being discontinued as well. If you have Singer 206/306/319/320 machines, now is the time. . . . .