View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 03:15 AM
JAGSD

I belong to 2 guilds. One had over 200 members, they meet once a month for the business meeting. One month that is at 1:00 the next month it will be at 7:00 pm, it consist of the business portion, and then snacks, show and tell, and usually either a trunk show or something similar. Then weekly they also meet every Tuesdays and have small meeting, show and tell, we take snacks as we feel to do, and something to work on if you want, alot of the ladies do their hand work there. Whether it be applique, binding, some gals work on project warmth or ?? They also meet once a month, and have a "Work Day" which is making quilts for project warmth and also is pot luck. This group had 2 different meetings times so to speak one in the mornings and one in the evenings. We do Round Robins, pick a bags, challenge quilts, stash busters, and different ones voluteer to do a class sometimes, and they also have ones come in to teach a class also.Do a huge Quilt Show this last year there were over 400 quilts entered, the quilt show is not limited to members or even just our state.
The 2nd Guild I belong to is a bit smaller in fact I'm not sure how many, I'm thinkin around 30. They meet once a month for the business meeting, usually start at 5pm with bring your lunch and visit or whatever and then the actually meeting starts at 7pm. They have a program committee that usually shows how to do something or a bit of info on something. Then once a month they have a work day which varies from month to month, sometimes there is a free class on making an item (this last month it was using the 60 degree ruler and making fan wallhanging quilt) and working on our Raffle quilt,and also charity quilts. Some gals bring their quilts to baste and use the bigger tables to make it easier. Some of the gals also meet on Tuesdays for a work day, they do a show for Christmas in the Hills and also do challenge quilts, Round Robins and things like that. I really enjoy both guild and have been gong for about 2 years.