View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Shelbie

I belong to two guilds and although both run similar programs, they each have their own unique flavour. Both guilds have a monthly evening meeting that has a business portion, Show and Tell by members and a guest speaker or hands on Program. There are also lots of individual small projects that are available if you wish to participate. Some of these include mystery tins (members exchange tins, make a block, switch at each meeting), block of the month, PIGS (member challenge to finish up old projects) and great lending libraries of quilting books and magazines. During the month, there are opportunities to participate in making Community Quilts for donation, member led skills sessions (eg. binding or borders)and a weekly Stitch and Share session. All members are welcome to attend any or all of these activities and although there are regulars, I haven't found either group too "cliquey". The biggest difference is that my larger guild (135) is able to have more expensive speakers than my (70) member guild. Both guilds provide lots of quilting opportunities and it is up to the individual as to how many things you try. Can you tell by all of this that I love my guilds!