View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 04:48 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Edie
Mine is teeny tiny! But it looks out to the east. I can sit and sew and watch the sun come up. I can watch the neighbors walking their dogs, holler "Good Morning" or whatever time of day it is. Some come up to the house and we talk a while. I have my computer desk, a file cabinet, my sewing table, a commode (not a toilet, but a piece of furniture with three drawers, a towel rack and a shelf with a door to keep the chamber pot in) I keep my tools and books in and an Amana Rocking chair that I can sit in and do my handwork. I don't like being in the basement (I could have all the room I need down there) because then I can't see my husband or the dog. If I am cooking or baking, I am a hop, skip and jump from the stove. I have three windows that give me a lot of light. The space is about 6x11, give or take a few inches. But hey, I can hear the phone ring, I don't burn the dinner, dog wants out, I let her out, husband needs this or that, I am there! Besides climbing up and down the basement steps is enough to tire anyone out! I can work and listen to my audiobooks and I am in my own little world. Edie
It does sound cozy, efficient, and accessible all at one time.