Old 10-04-2010, 07:52 AM
carhop

[quote=Annya]
Originally Posted by JoanneS
Originally Posted by bjnicholson
I had a time today. I'm making a bridal gown for my DGDs 18" doll.
Whoever it was that says they learned to sew by making doll clothes wasn't me! They're the hardest things in the world to sew! Give me toddler's patterns any day - nor real waist or hips - and they don't usually care about perfection!
It takes just as long to make a dolls dress as it does for a grown human/ only difference is that there are more stitches. I made dolls clothes on an assembly line with my daughters and their friend after school and holidays to make a little money for Christmas gifts.
I an having problems trying to decide how to finish the baby boys quilt. It starts with tractors in the middle with blue sashing around it then a row of square in a square blocks all round and then it STOPS. I can't figure what to put next. I want to make it about 45inch square. the Boy is nearly 2 yrs now.
I know what you mean I started a quilt that I have made before called sleeping bears for my neighbors D was having a baby started 3mo before he was born finished when he was 6mo old fought it all the way.