View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 AM
kapatt

First.....It is okay to do something you love. We don't have to be always serving someone else. We can do things that we enjoy just for the fun of enjoyment. If the cost doesn't bother you, then it shouldn't bother your daughter. If you are like me, I encourage my family to follow their interests in life as long as they can do so without taking away from someone else. My family encourages me to do the same thing.

Second....someone will come along for you to give that quilt to at the right time. If you don't have room to hold it for now, then maybe it can be taken to a children's hospital or to a shelter for homeless families. There are a lot of homeless families and I'm sure that they would love to receive a quilt. How about making them for children who are up for adoption or in foster care.

Stay with doing something you love. It is a great stress releaser. By the way, you didn't mention how old your daughter was in your original post (I haven't read all of the posts yet). We change as we grow older and the things that I didn't think were important when I was younger have now become important. (The quilt that my grandmother gave me is one of those things.) One day, your daughter may have a different outlook about quilts and may appeciate all of the quilts that you made.