View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Ditter43

Yesterday I spent most of the day sewing...started a black, white and red quilt for my stepdaughter.It was a good sewing day, listened to a book on tape and got a lot done.
Today I decided I couldn't put it off any longer. I started a few weeks ago taking the wallpaper off my hall bathroom. In between then and now, I have worked on it in little spurts. Well I am really getting tired of looking at it so this morning I figured I would tackle it again. I got it finished except for an area around the toilet.
We are going to replace the sink and toilet so I will finish that area after my DH takes out the old toilet.
I realize as I'm taking the last of the paper down, that the walls are going to need a lot of prep work before they are ready to paint. I know I have to wash them down to get the rest of the glue off the walls.....What would you use...vinegar in water or something else?
Of coarse I overdid it, trying to get it finished today.I am thinking of doing a venetian plaster finish to the walls. There are places where medicine cabinets etc. had been and would require a lot of work to get smooth.
Has anybody done this? How hard is it to do? I have done some plastering so I am no totally inexperienced. I wish I could just blink my eyes and it would all be done!! ;)