View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Grammie Sharon

I belong to a guild. CAMEO (Come And Meet Each Other) and that is what they do. There is a business meeting in which they always express what CAMEO stands for and always welcome visitors and new members. Dues are $40 a year. We meet Sept-May. Sometimes there are speakers or members will teach something. The group has snacks. There are several committees in which they encourageyou to join. We have a library, a block exchange, charity projects and an annual retreat. I've been in a year and have enjoyed it alot.
I also meet once a month at a school with a group of teachers. The lady leading usually brings or makes dinner. You pay $14.50 to cover dinner cost and room use. The leader usually offers different projects you can buy or has a quilt project going. she loves cutting. the problem with this group is that most are teachers and get out of work early. I'm a secretary in our school admin office and work later. Usually they begin to leav around 8pm which by time I get there and start it's over. Overall both groups are nice.