View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 02:13 AM
Nancy11442

Originally Posted by no1jan
I am actually considering joining my local guild. It runs from September through June at a cost of $25.00.

The problem is the October meeting was not an actual meeting. Today is a quilt show that they are running and teh meeting was basically setting up for the show. I do plan on going to the show today.

November's meeting is a sit and sew where they make donation quilts. I don't feel comfortable going as they already have their groups of personal friends they quilt with.

December is the Christmas party, which I don't feel comfortable in going to either since I have not been a member.

That leaves January through June, and January is our worst month of the year for snow, cold, and ice.

I would really like to join a group of people with similar interests.

Basically I plan on seeing how the quilt show goes today, before deciding. Hopefully I will meet some members and feel more comfortable.

Looking forward to seeing other people's responses.
In 2009 I went to a "local" quilt show and loved what I saw. I talked with some of the ladies in the guild and told them I'd like to join but had some reservations bec I'm only here certain months of the year. They encouraged me to come and see what I thought. It was six months before I got there, but when I did, I joined and love it better than the other guild I go to in another state!! Very different, but I love it. Jump in!! Quilters love other quilters!!