View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 AM
judylg

Originally Posted by pal
Just throw it away and start again!!!

I have done just that on occasion, however, right now I am finishing up Kinetic Energy, which is a lovely quilt. Took a class, the woman who taught it let us keep cutting fabric into strips, she had to run out and meet someone for lunch, she neglected to tell us how to cut, we did as she said and we cut and cut while she was out to lunch (how appropriate, eh?) When she came back full and happy, we asked about the cutting if we had done it right (too late). It was wrong, she did not apologize, this was black and white, not the easiest thing to undo, in fact we could not. So I kept on going and made it all work, finishing up quilting now. What I have learned from this lesson is to ask more then once and do not assume the one teaching is saying the right thing. Fabric costs too much and our time is worth something, too. It is going to look ok, but not quite like Kinetic Energy should look, oh well, at least it is done. I am going to be happy to finish this one up. And yes I learned a lot with this one.