View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 AM
patchy-at-best

back!!!..was having a snoop thru the tutorials section - love it!!..one day when i grow up i might get computer savvy enuf to add some hints there..i have a bit of a following around here, i'm known to find the easiest laziest solutions to most things, my classes are a hoot..

well a big big hi back to you lovely ladies!!..what a warm welcome - thankyou so much!!..big attack of the warm and fuzzies!! :)

lets see, kids are 28, 27, 21, 20, 7 and 5..four girls, 2 boys..also 3 granbabies, 6, 4 and 17mths..7 yr old son is severely autistic..20, 7 and 5 still at home..im a dressmaker tho i hate it, have a diploma in business studies, hate that too (but it made mum happy)..bit of a neat freak and love to watch others cook..

oh, and kitten is 6mths old, don't know if she'll reach 7..........

between offspring #4 and #5 i got a little bored and decided to return to work..arogantly applied for a job managing a patchwork store tho knew nothing about this thing called 'patchwork'..thought i was good getting the job on the spot, had nothing to do with the fact no one else would work for the witch owner..oh well, i'm good at jumping in the deep end, sort of failed to mention i hadn't done it before and was expected to produce samples daily between customers..hmm..my self training in easy and lazy began and i somehow bluffed my way thru using a 5/8th inch seam on my first 2 quilts (cough cough..dressmaker)..lucky for me a beginner quilter came into the store and asked why i wasn't using a 1/4" seam (she got a free fattie!!!)..

anyway, to cut what is already a long story short (shorter), my patchworkerering progressed in leaps and bounds and while producing more offspring to horrify my career woman mother with i also managed to get pretty good at cutting up fabric and sewing it back together..

my last outside job was as a manager for a large fabric chain and as i was the one given the orders by head office of what to put on sale, lots went behind the counter for me instead of on the sale table, hence the stash!!..i figure if i live to 742 i'll use half of it..not counting what i keep buying to 'go with it'..

anyway, i'll stop bending your ears, should've warned you to get coffee and comfy first..lol..

glad to be here..huggs..pami :)