View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 06:42 AM
ArtisticDesign

I really would love your help with a few books and or tutorial recommendations. I am fairly new to quilting.. And have quickly found that my passion lies in creating (artistic) wall hangings.. I find learning traditional quilting squares do not hold my interest ( specially when doing a large quilt lol) Unless I need that specific technique to enhance my wall hanging.. I have done tutorial seaches on here and youtubed till I fear I may have developing carpel tunnel lmao..And have only found a Few good circle tutorials, just not enough and no book recs.. I'm at a loss. So here I is lol

*I Love watercolor quilts ( have great books on this technique)..
*Anything dimensional
*Anything Trompe L'Oeil ( to decieve the eye).Did a lot of this in painting. So I'm figureing appliquing would be my best bet here.
* Anything with shadowing and highlighting techniques.

(The two books/tutorial techniques I am most looking for are)
>Curves ( like the wedding ring or donut looking design*,swirls.strips,circles,half circles etc..
I did buy " A new twist on curves n strips"... Love the book!.Although, the pics are gorgeous and inspiring..The directions are short and I feel speak to a more experienced individual...I'd love a book that has more in depth explinations
*And any book you feel is great on creating shadows/hghlights

Thank you so much for any recommendations ladies (smile)