View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I am curious how everyone celebrates the holidays. I am especially curious if you who live in Australia South Africa Spain France etc have similar customs to us.

My mom and I collect various things and she was talking about her collection of sheep and Christmas trees and antique Santas she has for Christmas. So we were wondering what do you all do for holidays decorating wise as well as get togethers activities etc!

I collect reindeer and sleighs and bells of all kinds and angels. So I decorate with all my collections usually at Christmas time. I enjoy getting them all out.
We get together with my whole family at my son Nathan's on Christmas Eve day.
As there are so many of us now we go out to eat for Thanksgiving usually.
Easter my youngest son was having everyone but they moved so don't know what we will do this next Easter. The kids of course will go egg hunting at one of the Easter Egg hunts.

I love to have all the grands and my kids too when I can get them to decorate blown out eggs for my large collection. I have eggs each one has decorated from the time they were babies.
My mom collects all kinds of eggs. We have some duck eggs she had me do a black and white flower and vines drawings on. and she has Ostrich eggs - they are huge!

So what holiday traditions do you have? How do you decorate for the holidays?