Old 10-05-2010, 08:28 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Love my stash
Originally Posted by janethagy
Hi to everyone... Just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed this topic... and yes the Vintage Bug has bitten me..lol
I bought an old Singer Machine off of Craigslist for $20.00, It needs lots of cleaning and repair to the cabinet but I think it is really unique. I also need a belt for it if someone can help me with that??
I think its a model 15 from the info I have seen here on the board, would like more info on it if anyone can help. On the plate on the front it has AF700811 is this the model number?? I am going to try to upload some pictures of it.. so here goes and thanks for any info on this machine.
I have a 15 almost identical to yours. The only differences I see is that I have a small plate on mine that says '15', my wheel is all black, and mine was made in 1955. I wish I could find a cabinet for it. There were no accessories, so I'm in the hunt for the book, feet and needles.

Here is some helpful information for the two of you on your 15-90:
http://blog.sew-classic.com/2008/10/...ne-review.aspx

# 15-90 - solid hand wheel, external motor, belt drive- everything else is identical to the 15-91
# 15-89 - Natural born hand crank, spoked handwheel, no motor, otherwise- just like the 15-90 and 15-91
# 15-88 - spoked hand wheel, most often treadle operated, but sometimes equipped with an orignial Singer mot