Thread: quilting
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 06:36 AM
Shelley

I've been very fortunate. Before I ever took a quilt to a Longarmer, I called her and asked for her best tips for me to make my quilt something enjoyable for her to quilt on. I'm also an accountant - picky is just something I do. I rip it out if I cut off a point. So when I was started quilt my quilts, I had no problems.

The charity quilts that I quilt are made by a group of ladies who have been making tops for at least 20 years each. Again no problems.

I've been considering a tutorial on hints to make your Longarmer happy, things like staystitching the outside border if you have bias edges, measuring for borders so you don't end up with the waves, the importance of ironing, the importance of ironing the right direction if you want stitch in the ditch, etc.

Anyone interested?

As to the question about receiving a 'quilt with issues', no, not yet, I haven't received one. Frankly, I'm a little disappointed. I love problem solving, and welcome a challenge. I love quilting for other people. I get to work with colors and patterns that are not high on my list to make. Not that I don't like them, I do, it's just that my life will not be long enough to make every quilt I want to make, so like all of us, I have to prioritize.