Old 10-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Bev

[quote=Lostn51]
Originally Posted by Bev
Thanks Billy, for all your help. My little Singer looks much better, right now, than yours did before you overhauled it. Also, mine has little Daisy flowers across the top and down the sides. I can see some Daisys around the circular stand at the bottom too. But most have worn off on the front. When I turn the machine around the Daisys are very clear and cover the half circle there.
The serial # is AA498580 and another # that is on it, below the serial #, and on a plate is 24-7
Again, thanks.

8-)[/qu

That is a very significant machine just from the history of it but it is even more significant from the production figures and
where it falls in them. The machine is a Model 24 with only 1000 of them made on that run on June 2 1925. Now your serial number puts it less than 400 from the end.
You have a VERY special machine in your possession indeed!!Billy
I'm so glad to have all of this information about it. I've wondered for years about the age, etc. That makes the little sweetie even more special.
If I can ever get a picture of it I'll post it for you and anyone else who might be interested.

8-)