View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 12:47 PM
boohoofish

Greetings everyone!
I have been watching for several weeks now and figured it was time to introduce myself.
I have only been quilting for about 4 years (unfortunately I waited until after my Mother died) and continually rack my brain for all the information she told me but I wasn't all that interested at that time.
I jumped in whole hog and found that I really do enjoy the process. I have so many ideas and not enough time for execution. I always have several projects going at one time.
I have made several quilts and love to do hand quilting in a hoop. I find it so relaxing! My favorites are to do small "premie" quilts that I quilt hearts all over for Linus.
I am in a small applique group and they have been a tremendous help (my Mother loved to applique) so I am learning that process also.
The neighborhood I live in has a small group that started 2 years ago and we hope to have a small show in the spring. We received a challenge fabric and I created 2 table runners and a very large lap quilt. The fabric was fall colors and I am anxious to see everyone's creations.
In my "spare time" I love to bead and have been busy making beaded animals - acutally covering small stuffed animals with beads (bead embroidery).
Thanks to everyone for all the pictures posted as they truly are beautiful objects and with luck I can get in on a round robin because they really appear interesting and fun.
Boohoofish :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-102617.jpe