View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 AM
jitkaau

Originally Posted by dasmith2
Hope you all dont mind- I just had a few questions. Im sure you all remember how overwhelming it can be when you first start out and dont know a thing :-)

1. Why do you make your own binding? Is it just more customized? Cant you just buy the stuff that I see in the store?

2. What are blender fabrics?

3. What ruler/cutting mat size do you all recommend(real limited budget,so I know the big sizes are out of the question ).

4. Does it matter what size your rotary cutter is? I have one, but have no idea what size it is- i forgot LOL

5. Any helpful beginner tips or timesavers? Anything you found out the hard way?

6.With all the fabrics,batting,threads, tools etc... seems like its not a inexpensive hobby to start. Any tips to share on how you keep the cost down to a reasonable amount? (if I start shopping for fabric like I do scrapbook paper~I KNOW i'm in trouble :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone for your help!
When you begin,the tools etc make it quite expensive. However, I have everything now, and the only expense is the material and thread. If you are on a budget, just buy bits each week until you have enough for a project - you can make small things, which will kep the cost down.