Old 10-06-2010, 04:54 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

If you buy them on a card, they will actually say Class 66 or Class 15. I hate to say this, but will anyway. There are quite a few folks out there working in shops that have no idea there is a difference between a 15 and 66 bobbin. They are used to new machines and have little contact with the old ones--their job is to sell you a new one when you come in for repair.
Well Miz Johnny I really like our sewing repair shop guy, but he doesn't know old machines. He is very new to repairing sewing machines as he 'expanded' his vacuum shop to a sewing machine shop/repair shop a few years ago.

I specifically asked for 'class 66' bobbins yesterday, which he sells for $1 each. I only got two because when he brought them out, they looked exactly like the bobbins I had bought per Billy at Wal Mart for my Model 15 at a much cheaper price!

Anyway, I will still let him service him 'new' machines. He does a good job, but I am going to a very old guy tomorrow to get the right bobbins. I am just afraid to try anything else at this point. This guy has been around this area forever working on sewing machines. He is in his late 80's and everyone tells me he is just the best!

Thank you, Nancy