Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Yesterday, I thought I did everything to try and get my WR to pick up the bobbin thread -- nothing worked. I will try again using all your suggestions. But, I am thinking maybe when we took the bobbin hook/race (whatever it is) thing off to get the thread that was jammed in there out that we messed up some timming or something? My DH says he did not mess with any timming as the bobbin casing just popped out and back in when he loosened a screw. Anyway, this machine is so ugly that I really like it! Solid black and embossed, and I want to get it working! The bobbin case for this machine is weird too. It has like a neck that you pull the thread through when you thread the bobbin. There was a needle on the machine when we got it, so I got my magnifying glass out to read what the needle was. It is a Schmetz 80. The WR book says to use 'only' White needles, that is why I was thinking it took a special needle. I am too frustrated today to try.

Between the WR frustrating me with the needle not picking up the bobbin thread; and the Redeye that I can't even try to sew on because I still need bobbins, I am taking the day off from my sewing machines! I am going riding!

Thanks for all your help! I couldn't do any of this without this group! Nancy
I doubt very much that it's the timing. On old machines, it's hard to get them out of time.
My favorite OSMG says the first law of troubleshooting is to "Lock the tool box." He's right. I can't tell you how many times I have screwed up something on a machine with a major adjustment when something simple would have worked. Love that tool box!