Thread: Binding width
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by ShellyQ
Probably, just look for grain in fabric, I've not worked with denim before but you might want to allow yourself alittle more than 2 1/8 width Because of the thickness of it. Also 5/16 is more than 1/4. Did you mean 3/16? I think that what the other ladies suggested, 2 1/2 would prob be about right. All the best with it and keep us posted :)
I'm absolutely positive about the 5/16 seams...I measured them all after I realized my quilt top was an inch or two shorter than what I had planned.

Does anyone have any suggestions on measuring and cutting strips (without a rotary cutter) that aren't wider or shorter on one end? The first time around, when I made the strips for the binding I just took my yard stick (it was wide as the strips I needed to make) and traced that onto the fabric. But I don't have anything that's 2-3 inches wide to trace onto the fabric and I can't draw two paralell lines "freehand" on fabric to save my life (this is coming from someone who always got A's in art classes. lol)