View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 10:10 AM
moonchild72248

I have a son-in-law who is a combat medic who has been stationed overseas. I joined an online group called Operation Quiet Comfort. This group donates things to "comfort" our wounded soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are sewing many things like: cool neck ties, special adaption clothing, travel size pillow cases and two types of quilts. They also accept donations of other things flip-flops, writing stuff, etc. as the need arises. Right now they are in real need of a lot of what they call small quilts.
These are 3 foot by 5 foot quilts to put over the soldiers on the stretchers as they are transported from the field to hospitals in Germany and stateside. They can be any pattern you like and any fabric except wool. They request darker colors, and that there be no red, or it be used very sparingly in the prints, and no flourescents. Simply quilting is all they need, and they need a lot of these quilts, quickly. Or, if you have a lot of old jeans to work with, they have another quilt project you might be interested in: the Four Freedoms Gratitude Quilt Project. For more information about the Four Freedoms Gratitude Quilt project and rules that must be followed when a quilt is made, contact Lori at [email protected] .
Anyway, I just had a "duh" moment when I realized that perhaps I could post this need for small quilts on this Quilter's board and many of you may like to help. You can personally reply to me, or check out the web site www.operationquietcomfort.com .
Thank you,
Grandma Moonchild.