Old 10-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok ya all I did what my repair man said and it does not work!!!!

I tried turning the stitch length to zero to free motion quilt. Yes, I could do a wavy line, but no - can't do circles or loops or anything that means turning the fabric because the foot won't allow it. I tried turning the pressure for the foot all the way down, still won't let you turn the fabric to do loops or circles. I also tried FMQing without a foot. That resulted in just having my fabric pop up and down and mess up the stitch. Loosening the thread tension, everything you do to FMQ; but without a darning foot or FM foot it will not work.

I found a darning cover plate that I had for my 99K -- it works great on the Redeye 66 treadle; but that just made it even tighter for the fabric to fit under the foot. I have decided there is no way to FMQ unless you can drop those feed dogs!

On a happier note, I finally got a couple bobbins for my Redeye from the same repair man. I took the picture posted here of what the bobbins should look like. He 'gave' me two bobbins to try. They work great. My Redeye is treadling like a charm!

Nancy
Try a spring needle or a spring foot, that might help. I have all the tools and goodies around here to FMQ, but I've never been moved to do so. The most used machine for FMQ (that I know of) is either 15-88 or Necchi BU. I have both of these machines, and both are being finicky right now, so not sewing on either one of them.
I have a small design I want to quilt on a small quilt, but can't get any of my machines that are set up to behave, so am pouting and not doing anything.