View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 PM
ArtisticDesign

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I use my scanner and then print the picture out at the correct size and have my printer tile the pages. This gives a 1/4 inch overlap and I then carefully align each page and tape them on the back. Has worked out well for me so far.
hmmm interesting, can you elaborate on this a bit more scow?.. I'm technically challenged lol... So you scan the image, which your printer would normally just print out..Do you somehow increase the image size on your printer? Which would then cause it to print it out in multiple pages?

Grapesky, I use a few projectors to assist me with some of my murals..The sm one from Micheals is hard to balance and get it level enough to keep your image strt.. As with most projectors, the further back you pull it from the wall ( to make the wall image larger) the less sharp the image as well as distorting the accuracy of the wall image.. It also gets HOT quick= buckles your paper image ( draw fast and turn it off to cool occasionally.. The over all wall image wont be that large but, would probabluy work for you if you just needed a quick 1-2ft image.
I have better luck with my Prism projector by artograph... however, it's more expensive and you still encounter the same problems just not as bad..Your wall image will be larger and sharper..It's easier to balance ( also can get a tripod for it)..Your paper image can still only be about 7 inches in size and you still need to let it cool occasionally...
I've also heard good things about overhead projectors but I dont own one.

All in all, for what you need it for..I'd suggest trying scowlkats method or taking it to kinkos and have them help you increase your image to the size you need.. Then transfer the image to the wall/where you need it, via tracing paper