Old 10-07-2010, 03:25 AM
deema

Before I made my first quilt (early September this year), I sewed a bit. I would only buy what I needed for a certain project. I had a teeny tiny stash that consisted of ends of yardage I bought (I always buy 1/2-1 extra to make SURE I don't run out). Then I bought what I needed for my first quilt, did that and decided I wanted to make another one. When I was searching for the perfect fabrics for that one, I found a bunch to use with DD to make HER quilt. In Walmart, when I went to get my daughter's pictures taken, I walked out with 13 fat quarters a can of basting spray, extra bobbins, needles for my machine...

THEN I found a lady who was cleaning out her craft room and selling oodles of quilting fabrics...I spent $160 at her house, and I now have three of those oversized linen grocery bags STUFFED with fabrics, enough batting to make like 6 or more quilts (not counting mini's, wall hangings, or the two packs of Insul-Bright!), books, magazines, templates...

Before I started my first quilt, I was never interested in starting a new project right at the completion of the current one...now, I have a gazillion ideas and plans. I work at my kitchen table, the place with the most space, but I used to just do one project and put everything away until I was inspired again...Now, I'm re-organizing my basement in my head to set up a sewing space that I don't have to clear out every day at dinner, and a place to display my stash so I don't have to dig through bags to be inspired. ;)

I have only completed two quilts and am in the process of the third, I KNOW I have a LOT to learn. But I also know I am *absolutely* a quilter. And YOU are too!!!