Old 10-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by stitchinbee
We have this store in Franklin, TN (a suburb of Nashville), and you would not believe the thousands and thousands of bolts of fabrics, it's pure Heaven. :) The name of it is Stitcher's Garden if anyone in Tennessee is interested. :)
I was in this store years and years ago, and it seems from reading the reviews on the website that things have not changed in all those years. Yes, they have a TON of fabric. But it is so deeply stacked that you can't even see half of what's there. I had to side-step down rows to traverse them, and backup, move out of the way, when meeting another shopper coming toward me. Bolts were stacked 10-12 deep in front of shelves, impossible to move enough to see what was on the shelves. Tight, tight!

I got the distinct impression at the time that this was someone's personal stash, a true hoarding addiction, that she finally had to create a store front to continue to accumulate. I also didn't find the staff helpful or knowledgeable. I DID find some 15+ year old collector Mary Ellen Hopkins fabric to die for and bought it! And she probably has/had every Jinny Beyer print ever made at the time.

When I had my shop in Dallas, I often suggested this store for those customers who had exhausted every source for a missing fabric, but now wonder if they ever received a response to their letters asking about any specific fabric.

Still, I'd go back there....on a good physical day.

Jan in VA