Old 10-07-2010, 04:23 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Try a spring needle or a spring foot, that might help. I have all the tools and goodies around here to FMQ, but I've never been moved to do so. The most used machine for FMQ (that I know of) is either 15-88 or Necchi BU. I have both of these machines, and both are being finicky right now, so not sewing on either one of them.
I have a small design I want to quilt on a small quilt, but can't get any of my machines that are set up to behave, so am pouting and not doing anything.
Does anyone on here FMQ with a treadle other than the Necchi or Model 15?

I found while searching in google a repair manual for the Model 66 that says you can drop the feed dogs? I'm still afraid to try.

Ok, I will move my machines and set up the 15-88 where my Redeye now sits. It has a slightly smaller throat, but if that one is the better choice I will use the 15-88.

Miz Johnny/Billy what about my Singer 9W? Could that be turned into a FMQing machine? Both of the older machines have more space under the throat than the Model 15.

If I have to use my Model 15-88, that is ok; but I still need to know how to drop those feed dogs. Please post a picture so I know how to get the feed dogs down.

Also, can I get an applique' foot, or FM foot, or a 'spring foot' like Miz Johnny says for the 15? Billy do you have them?

Nancy