View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 04:48 PM
jojo

I kept thinking the same thing when I used them to make a quilt with Jane Austen fabrics. It was fun learning a new technique, but I kept wondering why I didn't just cut the strips into squares, draw the line from corner to corner and then stitch 1/4" on each side of the line for a perfectly accurate half square triangle?

As for acuracy, some of my corners were off and I don't kow why. I like them to be Perfect. I used polka dot Moda fabric for the background and was disappointed at the fraying. I couldn't believe such an expensive fabric was so loosely woven. The fraying was made worse when I tried to remove the paper thangles.

In spite of it all the quilt turned out great and brought over $200 at a charity auction.

So, if you don't have good luck making half square triangles, buy the thangles. If you are still not sure, go to your quilt shop where they should have a buck a block program going and try your hand with a package that includes the pattern and fabric strips for a buck. The thangles are extra...about $6 for enough to make a large quilt.

:wink: Good luck, jo