Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 AM
BonniFeltz

Originally Posted by Suz
3/16" is between 1/8" and 1/4". Once you get used to cutting the seam allowance, you will be able to eyeball it without using a ruler.

The white background is showing: to correct this, the background would be neatly cut away wherein only the seam allowance would shadow.

This is also true when selecting fabric for backing, particularly when using a thin batting: Choose a fabric that is no darker than the lightest fabric on the top.

Suz
Thanks Suz (and everybody else) for all your excellent help. I've decided to take apartment my cat wall hanging that puckered. Disassembling has its own challenges but due to advise I read somewhere (probably here) I finally got the hang of it.

The advise: After cutting the stitches (I cut mine on the back since the front was done in invisible thread) and taking out the large sections (in my case the invisible thread), take a lint brush or tape and run it across all those cut threads.

It really did cut the time down TREMENDOUSLY! Whereas I thought i could only undo two kittens, I ended up undoing 6 in one night.