View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Charlee

Originally Posted by JJs
and 'of course' truckers never speed, would never dream to tailgate (and give you heart attacks), run "4-wheelers" off the road and laugh about it (heard on CB years ago and then came upon the car that had been run off, or two trucks running together would never squeeze a car, nope wouldn't happen....

and of course no "4-wheeler" would DREAM of cutting off a big truck just so they don't have to be behind them on the road...nor would they expect the big truck to be able to stop on a dime or turn a corner the same way they do in their compact car...and heaven forbid that same 4-wheeler yield the right of way to a big truck, they'd rather be ballsy and pit that 3000 lb car against that 80,000 lb truck.

When William and I were driving team, I saw an article about accident statistics. At that time (about 2001) less than ONE percent of all motor vehicle accidents involved big trucks. Of that one percent, LESS than ONE percent was deemed to be the big truck's fault.

I read a letter to an editor once that suggested that big trucks be kept off of the interstates during the hours of 7am to 10pm! I had to laugh at that one... the Interstate Hiway system was a product of the Eisenhour administration and was built for the purpose of interstate COMMERCE...for the big trucks to transport goods...

If you have it, a truck and trucker brought it... do I get a bit defensive of truckers? You betcha. Not all of them are good guys or good drivers....but our country wouldn't run without them!