Old 08-31-2008, 06:32 AM
Janeen
Banned

well, I sure understand where you are coming from... which is one reason why we got the Bailey/Grace frame... (which we have NOT been able to play with because of GUSTAV... grrrrrr :twisted: )

A friend of mine has made some fantastic quilts and had then 'done' by a longarm quilter - who also does a wonderful job ....
The longarm quilter doesn't take any credit for somebody else's work but when my friend posted photos of her quilts on a photo board, a lot of people MISunderstood what she said and 'assumed' that the longarm quilter had done the WHOLE quilt - not that TWO people worked on them...

there were comments like, "oh SHE does wonderful work" etc, negating all the work that my friend had done!

I've had 3 or 4 quilts "done" and then we decided to go ahead and spend the $2500 for the 15" Bailey/frame combo...

And I've seen sites where longarm quilters show their work BUT they also say the quilt was made by so and so etc

you need to find out if you gave 'implicit' permission for her to take photos (which I really don't blame her for wanting photos of the work she did) ...
She does own the copyright to the photos she took, she does NOT own the copyright to YOUR quilt...
that's a very gray, gray area...

and boy am I glad we decided to get the Bailey!!!

which I am NOT going to "do" quilts for anybody else - I don't want the responsibility - I mean what if you totally booger up somebody's quilt that they took years to do???? :shock: :-o
I know people (one woman in particular) who would immediately say something like, "I don't like what you did - you ruined my quilt and I won't pay for the work"... and then demand compensation for the quilt/time etc AND demand the quilt.... nope, not gonna do any quilts but for myself - and then when I say "I" did it, I mean **I** did it!! :mrgreen:
(or DH as the case may be!)