Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 AM
noveltyjunkie

Originally Posted by catmcclure
Originally Posted by catrancher
Good Grief. They forgot to say "Lie down in front of the door so he can walk on you as he comes in."

And excuse me . . . Don't complain if he stays out all night? And if he gives you an STD, assume you got it from a toilet seat.
In the 50's if you complained about your husband's abuse to the cops (or your friends) the prevailing attitude was "What did you do to make him mad." It was always the woman's fault for not being "good" enough or "submissive" enough. The last one is why I no longer attend a Baptist Church.
This all sounds very familiar, but it wasn't/isn't just the Baptists. The problem with advocating subjugation is that it leaves the door wide open for exploitation. Notice that there is not one word in that thing about respect due to the wife? I have absolutely nothing against wives who choose to perform a traditional role, but I do notice that those who are happy to do this speak of the respect and love they receive in return. This document offends me because it is totally one sided.