View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Woodster

Originally Posted by LoriJ
Originally Posted by Woodster
I've lost 32 lbs on the South Beach Diet and hubs has lost 54. (Since 3rd week in May). It employs most of the foods on this list. It's funny, that once you switch over to sweet potatoes, regular potatoes taste SO dry and bland. I never thought I'd prefer sweets to regular, but it's happened! I even have my husband eating beans, which he never would touch before. Yeah!

Dr. Oz show yesterday - pumpkin seeds bust belly fat!
Woodster, my DH and I are also on the South Beach plan. His Dr said if he didn't do something he'd better have his will ready and he's only 53! We've been on it for a month and DH has lost 25 lbs and I've lost 14. Food is tasty, spicey and we are never hungary!.... I use the South Beach Cookbook for lots of great recipes.. Keep up the good work!!
The first two weeks were challenging (I also gave up beer and wine and a lot of daily bread!), but now it's more of a lifestyle to eat correctly and I love it! I had lunch with my mom yesterday, and she asked, "Isn't it hard to stay on that diet?" and I said, "No". You eat right 99.9% of the time and you CAN have that piece of cake or frozen yogurt/ice cream once in a while and still lose weight!

I have discovered sugar free Fudgesicles and Werther's sugar free hard candies (I LOVE the caramel/cinnamon). Extra has all kinds of SF gum. Sweet potato fries and the frozen Ore-Ida mashed sweets are awesome (I don't add the sugar as suggested, but you could) Splenda makes a brown sugar which I have purchased, but not tried yet. We like the Dannon Light/Fit yogurt at 80 calories. Good for lunch with real fruit added, and maybe a bit of Fiber One sprinkled on top. Special K has crackers - 17 for 90 calories! Yum. Our new potato chips!!

The only drawback is - our clothes are all too big and I don't have a budget large enough to replace them!! One pair of pants and shirt at a time!!

Keep up the good eating and congrats on the weight loss!