Old 10-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Holice
Banned

You have so many what if's and can I, or should I, or what about in your original post that it is hard to give good advice. All are valid and possible. So, about the only suggestion I can give because of what you want to accomplish is to "respect the nature of the fabrics". Some you have suggested are a pain to work with - fleese for instance, some are stretchy and a double pain to keep straight. For the eamo, I would suggest batting because two layers of plain cotton are not going to be very warm. Even a thin betting will be better than no batting. Warm and natural doesn't necessarily mean comfort as it is rather stiff. Poly or wool batting would be both light weight, easy to quilt and warm. So consider the nature of any fabric or batting you choose and work within it's constrainsts or ease. Minkee has been used successfully for cuddly warm quilts but am told it is most difficult to keep even and straight when sewing and quilting. You have described very well your desire for each project and will need different combinations of fabrics.