Old 10-08-2010, 09:47 AM
catrancher

Originally Posted by kellen46
Originally Posted by catrancher
Originally Posted by kellen46
Originally Posted by gloing
Hi kellen, If I remember right women could not sell any stock without there husbands permission up intill the 80tys. I could be wrong, I am an old lady of 70, and I do have senior monents. Have a great day. Love ya Glo
I have a friend in her late twenties who wants to have her tubes tied, she has her family and is content.
What if she's not married?
Well, presumably if she is not married then she shouldn't be having sex....Then there is the whole over thirty thing. I ran into that. I had to wait til I was thirty one. I will tell you a sad story about an old client of mine. By the time she was in her mid twenties she had had five children and all were removed permanently from her care. She lived in the drug culture by choice, which involved unprotected sex, and drug use during pregnancy. All of her five children were born drug affected. Now she wanted a tubal because she was smart enough and had just enough goodness left to not want to bring any more children into the world given her life choices. But she couldn't get any one in this town to do it for her. She was not over thirty and not married. Ok. so now she has two more children, both drug affected, both removed at birth. Finally with her seventh child the doctor took pity or disgust and did a tubal when she delivered the baby. She was very clear, I don't want to change my life style but I also don't want to bring children into this life either. How much better if she could have just gotten the tubal when she asked for it. We do have a right to choose if we want children or not. We do have a right to choose if we never want to have children despite our (adults only) age or marital status. I know unmarried women can get tubals, I did but I had to go to another town to do it as the town I lived in had only one hospital and they would not do them. If we can have a boob job on demand why not a tubal. Of the friend who wanted to curb her fertility finally her husband had a vasectomy, he did not need her permission and he was not over thirty....what is wrong with this picture. If you think we are now some how liberated or equal then just try to step outside the boundaries and see what happens. The territory may be broader, but they are still there. Women make up half the population of the word and yet still there are so many are given poor choice if any. Ahhh I still get mad about this.
I wonder what the world would be like if all women every where had true economic and reproductive freedom.
Hm. I did an internship at a drug and alchohol treatment program for pregnant and parenting women. They were all encouraged to get a contraceptive implant when they came into treatment. Most did. Still, even among graduates of the program, few were able to maintain their sobriety or their families. It's very sad.