Old 10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
sew cornie

Originally Posted by maryb119
Boy scouts is a great organization for boys to be in. I have one son who is an Eagle scout and another who just has some paper work and the ceremony and he will be an Eagle, too. Both boys have gone to the National Jamboree. They both had a great time at that meeting boys from all over the country. Its a lot of work to earn all the badges but so worth it when they make Eagle.
Congratulations to your boys for their great achievements! My DH is an eagle also. He and his brothers, also eagles, have such great memories from their scouting experiences. They got to go to World Jamboree in Australia back in '87 (or maybe it was '88?). They still love to share stories about hikes, campouts, etc. We're hoping our boys will enjoy scouting as well and take it as far as they can. I figured that if we're in this for the long-haul, I'd jump in with both feet. So with no Cub Scouting knowledge myself, I'm now a Tiger den leader. Had our first meeting yesterday and it went quite well. The boys were really engaged and had fun. I've been so focused on scouting that I've done no sewing for two weeks. I must get back to it and hope to catch up on some things this weekend. We only have 3 weeks till the next mailing . . . .