Old 10-08-2010, 02:42 PM
mac

Yes, you are a quilter just like the rest of us. That is how you know you are a quilter. I used to do all kinds of crafts until I started quilting seriously. After that I started craving fabric, books, patterns, notions, and everything else I could get my hands on for quilting.

I've never been in a fabric store where I didn't buy something. Somtimes I can get so stimulated with all the colors in the fabric store, that I have a hard time settling down.

My car can travel directly to a quilt shop or fabric store even though I've never in my life been in that city or used a map. This just amazes my husband and everytime I do it, he just looks at me with these big eyes like I must be possessed.

When you are really additicted to quilting, you'll start going on quilting retreats where you can sew all day and someone else fixes all your meals.

You start to gather around with other quilters in little gangs and go to quilt shows and shop hops. When you go to a quilt show, instead of looking at the quilts first, you'll start with the vendors first because you don't want to miss anything new that might be gone after you walked around and saw all of the quilts.

It is CRAZY, but it is a good crazy where you will be happy amongst all of the of the other crazy quilters, just like yourself.

By the way, I've been quilting for over 30 years and my husband has seen me around with many quilters. He says we all look alike and that he can pick a quilter out of a crowd. He says we all have a certain look about us... He is pretty good too.