View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 04:40 PM
QUILT4JOY

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Originally Posted by QUILT4JOY
WOW. had to post mine to show you. It's my own quilt that I made for myself about 15 years ago. I still use it and am amazed how well it has retained it's color. No fading. It blew me away to see your very similar quilt. ;-) This has been laundered many times. It was my first serious quilt. I've come to really appreciate the quality of Hawaiian fabris compared to Mainland fabrics.
Love it! I think that is still one of my favorite layouts just the plain squares.

The pineapple quilt is my "me" quilt. I told my family they could bury me in it after I died but DH said he is keeping it. I was surprised as he never uses it. I asked him if he would then use it and he just smiled. LOL My pineapple quilt has been every where with me from camping to multiple hotel rooms to the couch and quilt retreats.
Me too Anna! My quilt and my pillow both travel with me everywhere too. BTW I'll have to take pix of the pillow cases I make. It won't be right away because I don't have a digital camera yet. But I love my pillow cases being as bright and flowery as the quilt.

And, like you, I also love plain squares for myself as well. :lol:

Have you spent a lot of years in Hawaii> You certainly capture the Aloha spirit.