View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 08:03 PM
wvdek

I have Tinnitus in both ears. I do not have TMJ, but have had jaw pain. I also have middle ear infections often. I have a sweet tooth and love hard cinnamon candies. Dentist says no more hard candies, no chewing on ice (I love ice chips), no grinding teeth. If I find my jaw aching in the morning, I know I have been clenching my teeth and know I need to get a sport's guard from Walmart, form it, and wear at nite. It costs around a $1 and works fine, plus my dentist recommended it as opposed to the more expensive ones.
With the most current earaches, I have found sleeping on a low setting heat pad has really helped.

Bear in mind, I have a gazillion 'bees' buzzing in my ears at all times. I have learned to live with it but do have some things I do to help cope: stay away from loud noises, wear ear phones or plugs when necessary, let family know when noises are getting to me, bought DH a headphone system that he can wear when watching TV. He can turn up the TV as loud as he wants and I don't have to hear it. I wear headbands in winter and when the wind is blowing. Hang in there, you can learn to live with it.